Sourced only from countries that are leaders in ecological, sustainable forestry practices, our Golden Balau Hardwood Decking is a dense, exotic hardwood known for its strength and durability. Similar to Teak in color, this 5/4×6″ decking will perform admirably for years, even in wet climates. One of the hardest, strongest and most durable of all woods, our Golden Balau Hardwood Decking is highly resistant to decay, insect and mold.
- Warm, gold-reddish-brown hues
- Class A Flame Spread Rating (same as concrete and steel)
- Similar to lpe in density, strength and durability
- Proven performer for decades in demanding applications, including commercial, high traffic areas, as well as in extreme climates
- Excellent value compared to similar hardwoods and composites
- Can be as low maintenance as you desire, with no ill effects to its longevity or durability
- Naturally resistant to rot, decay, insects and mold
- Sustainably harvested from well-managed forests
- 100% Clear Grade and kiln dried
- 25 Year Limited Warranty
- In stock and ready to deliver!
After installation, if desired, you may simply allow your Golden Balau Hardwood Decking to weather to a lovely grey patina with no ill effects. And, if you change your mind, you can always clean it and oil it to bring back the wood’s natural rich hues and warmth.
Should you wish to keep the beautiful range of colors from day one, we recommend finishing the Golden Balau Hardwood Decking with a penetrating oil specifically formulated for use on hardwoods, such as Penofin Hardwood exterior. This unique formula penetrates deep into the wood fibers and does not create a surface film. This allows the wood to breathe, as well as stabilize it.
We recommend coating all four sides prior to installation. To maintain the colors, re-stain the surface of your deck with a hardwood decking oil approximately every 6-12 months depending on your climate conditions.
All this at pricing similar to clear grade softwoods and composite decking!
Because all natural wood is subject to expansion and contraction as the moisture in the environment changes, shrinkage, expansion, checking and other movement are normal occurrences. For help with installation, as well as care and maintenance, please refer to our Red Balau “Mahogany” decking blog by clicking HERE
Before Your Next Project, Be Sure to Visit Us!
We Ship Nationwide!
Toll Free 866.757.6343